You may be forgiven for thinking that the National Trust is a wealthy organisation that doesn’t need financial support, but the reality is very different. In the last year alone, we spent a total of £71 million on our large scale projects. As it stands, we need to find a way to fund ongoing repair projects totalling £162 million.
We can’t do it without you. The National Trust receives no direct government funding. Along with thousands of other National Trust Credit Card holders, you help to support this vital work every single time you choose to use your credit card. The National Trust receives contributions from MBNA, the card issuer, at no extra cost to you:
- Up to £36* when you use your card within 90 days of the account opening
- 30p for every £100 you spend on card purchases
- £2 for every year you continue to use the card.
An incredible £1.5 million has been raised to date and invested in our vital conservation work. The money goes a long way:
- £20 covers the cost of preventative maintenance to an important work of art
- £30 repairs a metre of footpath, protecting important flora and fauna
- £40 can renew 2 metres of hedgerow on the Yorkshire Moors.
Simply by using your National Trust Credit Card you can support the Trust at no extra cost to you every time you shop.
* Maximum £36, minimum £15.
The National Trust Credit Card is issued by MBNA Limited, Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England number 2783251. Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over. You cannot transfer balances from another MBNA account. We will monitor or record some phone calls. MBNA's consumer credit activities are licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and MBNA's general insurance activities are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).